UAS Nordic 2011
UAS Nordic Conference 2011 (UNC-11)
On November 15th 2011 more than 50 delegates showed up at the Oslo Kongressenter for this year’s UAS Nordic Conference.
Highlights from the conference included; Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) Operations, Operational Safety, Civilian and Military UAS operations, and State of the Art Sensor Technologies.
The program comprised the following presentations:
- Key note speech: Defining European UAS Strategy, Peter van Blyenburgh, UVS International
- NUAC – A Norwegian UAS Consortium, Tor Olav Steine, Alphatroll
- Enabling Technologies Envisioned for BLOS Operations, Michael Naderhirn, AeroSpy
- New Regulations Emerging in Europe, Anders La Cour Harbo, University of Aalborg
- AMAP UAS Expert Group, Rune Storvold, Norut
- Arctic UAS, Einar Johansen, SIMICON
- Approving BLOS Operations, Morten Raustein, Norwegian CAA
- Cosmic phenomena explored with UASs, Knut Jørgen Røed Ødegaard, University of Oslo
- ASIGN & Conforming to safety standards, Knut T Moe, Ansur Technologies
- UAS in Royal Norwegian Airforce, Major Håkon Grønlund, RNoAF
- Contractorised UAS Operations: Delivering ISR differently, Dr Chris Hobbs, QinetiQ
- Sustaining 500,000 Flight Hours – The Future of Unmanned Systems, Jack Kaady, Insitu
- Export regulations, Asgeir Berg, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Avoid the Ash! Dr Adam Durant
- Revolutionary new propulsion technology makes long range UAV, Karl Osen,
As in 2010, Major General (R) Per-Oscar Jacobsen tied the whole conference together with introductions and comments. The UNC-11 organizers would like to extend our thanks!
UNC-12 will be held in the same timeframe in 2012 – keep the week open!